Monday, November 24, 2008

Surprises, deadlines & a hotdog/cookie sale

So this past friday I got my reminder email from Rebecca, my Team Diabetes co-ordinator,  about my first deadline on December 5, 2008.  I was $1049 short of the $3000 needed for Dec 5th.  Ok - not bad -  I had just mailed out a cheque that morning for $335 - then i knew i had to really push it to raise the rest of it before the deadline.   Saturday evening i went to my mom's work Christmas party, where i was surprised to learn that all the proceeds from the raffle draws were going to be donated to Diabetes association fundraising i was doing!  I cried  - but in amazement that this was actually happening!  Thanks to Zellers Central City $500 was raised that night! THANK YOU!! Plus a few extra donations that came in on the weekend  - i have no surpassed my Dec 5th Deadline!   

Now i have to start planning for my February 2009 deadline - $6000 (april 2009 i will need $9000).  I am holding a hotdog/cookie sale on Dec 6 @ the front entrance to Zellers  @ Central City Mall.  come see me - i will be there all day till the hotdogs &  HOMEMADE Chocolate Chip Cookies are sold out!